Last weekend we visited Chehalis and went clam digging with my family. We've been doing this for years and years and it's a TON of fun, most times. Shelby loves to help "pack" her suitcase when we go there.
 |
| "Just a few animals momma!" |
The days at the beach when the sun is out, the tide is low and the wind isn't blowing are the best. I've done my share of digging in sideways pelting rain and wind, no fun!
This weekend was one of those great weekends! Perfectly sunny, not a stitch of wind and hardly any waves. 9 of us went and we were able to get 9 entire limits of clams in 30 minutes. It was amazing!! Ryan, Shelby and I dug all 45 of our clams within a 20-30 foot radius. That rarely happens and it's so much fun when it does. You basically get to pick and choose which clams you wanna dig up by the size of the holes you see.
Shelby had a great time romping around on the beach. She managed to find every hole that was filled up with water after a clam was dug. Needless to say she managed to lose her boots a few times in the holes and came back to the car a sandy sopping mess, but a happy one!
 |
| Going for the hole! |
 |
| This was a shallow one thankfully; others were not. |
Ryan was super patient when it came to showing Shelby where the clam was once it was dug out. She liked to kick the sand tube apart to find the clam. A few times she stomped on it but managed to miss the clam. Whew!
It was a little chilly that day and Shelby's nose ran like a faucet. Mima had to chase after her with tissues to get her nose wiped. It was pretty funny.
 |
| This girl is hard to catch! |
Ryan showing off our catches for the day. Shelby was in mid pursuit of another puddle and didn't want anything to do with this picture. Hah!
 |
| Helping put the clams away. |
Here's part of the gang getting our clams together. Nic, Becki and Jane were elsewhere on the beach having a grand old time. I'm the picture taker...never in the pictures unfortunately. Maybe someday!
Shelby and Kaeli had a great time on the beach. Shelby sure loves her Auntie Kaeli.
Ryan was washing the clams off and Shelby wanted to follow. Would have been a little too deep for her but I'm sure that wouldn't have stopped her if I didn't!
I took this last picture on the beach of Shelby admiring the ocean. Love this picture. She's just so little!
 |
| That's a lotta water, little one. |
Shelby didn't get much for naps that day and finally crashed on the way home that evening. Thank goodness for a cozy car seat and for a little one who doesn't mind car rides or car seats at all. She does, however, have to fall asleep with her blanket over her face now. I'm constantly checking on her to move the blanket. Silly girl.
 |
| Out like a light! |
I can't believe my little girl is going to be 2 in just over one short month. We sure do love being able to get out and do so many things with her and creating memories. She is such a joy and always keeps us on our toes and laughing. Love her!!
p.s. - I also turned 30...but that wasn't really fun, haha! I mean, who wants to turn 30?! Ryan, Shelby and family did spoil me with fun gifts and a gift scavenger hunt here at the house after Ryan got home from work. I got a new perfume, Taylor Swifts' Wonderstruck (smells soooo good), some yummy starbursts which were stuck to each scavenger clue and Home on the Range movie. It was an over all pretty good day!
 |
| NOT a flattering picture of either of us, but it's the best we had. |
No comments:
Post a Comment