Many of you know I'm obsessed with cars. I LOVE them. Not just any car though; I am a muscle car girl. I LOVE me a good ol' 1969 Mach 1 Mustang. I'm also pretty into foreign cars, especially Volkswagen's, since I've owned 3 of them. My most recent VW was dubbed "sexy-fast" by my car enthusiast friends. I loved that little GTI VR6 with all my heart.
 |
| My "sexy-fast' |
Well, if you know any about this type of car you'll know that you can't fit a car-seat, let alone a human being, in the back seat. It fits 2 comfortably, up front, and possibly someone semi-comfortably in the back seat if they're sitting sideways. Since it wouldn't fit a car-seat we decided to sell it so we could upgrade to a mid-size SUV. (trust me...I tried every single way possible to get a car-seat into that car. No way no how.)
 |
| NOT car-seat friendly |
Long story short we sold my car in less than a day from posting our first ad on craigslist. We have now been looking for a car for 5 months and yesterday we finally found our new "family vehicle"!! I found the ad online at
Courtesy Ford's website, here in Portland. We drove to the dealership, test drove it, played the "number crunching" game for about 1 hour, then walked out the door with keys in hand and happy owners of a "new to us" 2005 Ford Escape!!
 |
| Here's Ellie!!! |
She's black with amazing black leather interior. After taking her for her first trip around Portland today we discovered it has heated seats (which the dealership didn't know about) and that it has parking assist and a system that alerts you when there's something too close to the back of your car when you're in reverse. Pretty cool huh? These are all things the dealership didn't know about...hehe.
 |
| Yup...we have butt warmers in these babies! |
 |
| Plenty of leg room! |
 |
| Sunroof!!!! Oh I love these! |
We love our new ride! Now to make a trip up to Chehalis to show it off to family.
Just for the record, that's what our Escape is named :)
ReplyDeleteNo way...are you serious?? I woke up this morning and the first thought that came to my mind was "Ellie...I'll call her Ellie."
ReplyDelete