July 29, 2013

3 years together + a 20 month youngin + 1 new house = One busy life!

So it has been a LONG time since I've made a post on here. I have excuses, and yes they are good ones. Within the past two months we packed up our old apartment in Renton, moved into our new house in Fife and have been busy unpacking for almost a month now. We finally were able to park our cars in the garage for the first time last night. Progress!

This was our first night in the new house; she didn't get much of a nap that day and completely crashed in the chair.

I would have written a post sooner but just before we moved our computer decided to die on us. Well, not completely die. We had to get a new motherboard. Everything on the hard drive was safe thankfully; whew! We didn't have our laptop for about 2-3 weeks so that's my main excuse for not blogging besides being crazy busy with the new house.

On June 19th Ryan and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary. Those last 3 years sure have gone by fast! In the last three years we've moved to Portland, OR - Gresham, OR - Renton, WA then Fife, WA and have had a baby and built a house. Whew! We spent our anniversary unpacking; sounds fun huh? Shelby helped unpack a few things too.


4th of July came and went like a blur but it was still a lotta fun. We went down to Mima and Pop's house like normal and got to shoot off Fireworks on the beach this year. It was perfect weather for it. Was sure fun!

Shelby and Kaeli successfully fit themselves into Riley's dog kennel. 

The kids all enjoyed some popsicles while outside on the trampoline.
Shelby is now 20 months old. I realized this today actually as I was trying to think of a clever title for this post. Here are the stats that I can think of off the top of my head.

Weight - 22 lbs (she's teeny)
Height - 33"
Clothes - 18 months finally
Shoes - Size 4
Diapers - Still size 2

She's talking more even though we can't really understand everything she says. She's got quite the jabber language going on and I sure wish I understood it. She understands a lot more than we think which is pretty fun. One of the funniest things she started is saying "Ewwwww" whenever we tell her that something is icky. She makes quite the face when saying it. One of these days I'll get a video of it cause it makes us laugh every time she does it. She also loves putting coins into her piggy bank that Great Grandma & Grandpa Kershaw gave her.



We've been busy with the parks around here and our neighbors gave Shelby an awesome little wagon because their daughter had outgrown it. She is in LOVE with the wagon. She never sits still in her stroller or a grocery cart but she'll let us pull her for miles in that wagon. (probably because it doesn't have a seatbelt)

Multi-tasking: dancing and coloring!

I didn't even get to give her lunch today; she was out before I got it to her! 


My little model.

It took her the LONGEST time to go down this tube. For some reason she didn't like it but once she went through it I couldn't get her to stay out!



She actually can get on and off this whale by herself.

Ryan has to get in on the fun too!


"A-weeeeee!"


She's also still getting into everything; that hasn't changed.

I found her eating my eye shadow one day...yes...eating.

Busted! A girls gotta have her chocolate though, right?
This is how she picks out what she wants to eat.
Kaeli also came up for a visit and stayed with us for a week. She had to break in "her new room" at our house. Shelby and Kaeli are two peas in a pod. Shelby absolutely adores Kaeli and gets so excited every time she see her or hears her voice on the phone. It's so cute! It sure was fun having Kaeli up here last week.





This happened a lot...got my workout!

Pool party anyone?

We found this awesome splash pool by accident one day while trying to find another playground.


Shelby was in love!

"Uh daddy?? I think you're a little big."

If Ryan were to slide off the back this whale would become a Kaeli launcher!
Gotta share some strawberries!



During our first few weeks in the house Ryan and I dove headfirst into a refinishing project that we thought would be easier than it was. We got two of my families dressers that I and my brothers had as kids. They're solid wood and I thought it would be a good/fun idea to sand em down and re-varnish them to a darker color that matches our other furniture better. We started out sanding these by hand and when we figured out it was going to take a LONG time to get them ready we broke down and rented a hand sander from Home Depot. Ryan had everything done within 24 hours. Why didn't we do this sooner?? I also got a desk from my parents that use to be my grandmothers. We refinished that as well. I'd have to say we are pretty proud of our work. Not too shabby for our first attempt at refinishing furniture!

Before product.



Child labor at its finest. She was rewarded with popsicles, haha!

Finished product!

Get to work!
Next blog - pictures of our house! Stay tuned! I promise it won't take another month and a half.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been having fun! Shelby is adorable and I love the dressers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize that we lived so close to each other. I live in Federal Way right off of Pac Hwy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little Shelby is adorable!! She's getting so big. Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! The dressers look awesome! Hopefully someday we'll make it up to see your place.....someday :) Awesome post! Love being able to see what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete