June 20, 2012

Ryan's Fathers Day

This year was Ryan's first official Fathers Day and boy was it a good day! I decided I wanted to make Ryan a massive candy message card. You know; the kind that usually start with "Hey Sugardaddy!" or something similar. I will admit I didn't really feel like taking the time, nor did I have the time, to sit and think of clever stuff that would go along with candy bars. I googled "candy bar cards" and all sorts of different pictures popped up of different cards. None of them were quite what I was looking for but I was able to borrow a couple good one-liners to use. So, I did end up making up about 3/4 of the card myself. It turned out great though; I think.


It took quite a while to write out and get everything spaced so it would all fit decently. Shelby was a great little helper in the sense that her little hands kept handing me the candy bars when I needed them...or was that take them away? Oh ya...that's right. Her little "helping hands" made things a bit less productive so I banished her to her swing for the remainder of the card making time. She wasn't too pleased with me, and sure let me know, but she survived. :-)

Ryan loved the card and admitted he hadn't ever had about 1/2 of the candy bars on there...me either though. I just needed them to make the card work. Shelby recognized the candy after we gave the card to dad and decided to try and be sneaky and take the candy off. Notice the nerd box is a bit crooked; courtesy of Shelby.

Going for the best one; Caramello!
Here's a fun little video I was able to get of Shelby while she was attacking the candy bar card. Such a cutie!

Shelby was trying to be sneaky and grab the candy off dads candy card, haha! Caught her!

And last but not least here are Ryan and Shelby on their first Fathers Day. What a cute couple they are; best buds for sure! Shelby sure does love her daddy and so do I. Happy First Fathers Day Ryan!


No comments:

Post a Comment