December 10, 2012

When we move...the squirrels must come too!

I love squirrels. Not all squirrels though, just the ones that hang out around our place. And they love me! Ya'll know by now because of previous posts that Shelby will run to the glass door whenever say squirrel and look for them. By the way, we don't say it unless there is one out there. No need to break the little girls heart when there isn't one out there to see.

Over the past couple of weeks they've gotten brave enough, me included, to take a peanut right outta my hand. There's one in particular that will come up to our door and wait till I notice it. I'll walk over to the door and it'll hop up on our balcony railing and wait for me to come out with a peanut. I hold out my hand and it holds its paws out waiting patiently...haha, it's so cute!!!

This is a short and probably boring post, but I just had to post this video of the cutest little squirrel waiting for its treat. When we move into our new house in April I wanna bring them with me. Maybe I'll devise a plan to get them into a box full of peanuts and move them with us! Ok, ok...it probably wouldn't be the best thing, but it would be fun! Hopefully there will be more squirrels or other animals for Shelby and I to befriend during our afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment