I just realized that it's been over a month since I last posted on here. I've got a lot to catch up on! We've spent a lot of time down at Mima and Pop's house over the past month. One weekend Ryan had a seminar he had to attend down in Portland so Mima and Pop's, and Kaeli, lovingly watched Shelby for a couple days so I could go with him. While he was in the seminar I made my rounds around Portland picking up a few things we ordered for the house. Gotta love tax free! And I may or may not have done a little shopping for myself while I was patiently waiting for his meeting to end. *wink*
This is how much Shelby loves traveling. I am SO thankful we have such a happy little traveler. She has always been so good in her car seat especially more now that she's facing forward.
One day we re-discovered some window crayons I had gotten for Kaeli when she was little. We immediately showed Shelby how to draw on the screen door and she just went to town. She loves to just scribble away and this was the perfect canvas for her.
Then she loved it so much she decided to kiss it...
After this picture she burst into tears (because Pops walked in and tried asking her what happened to her face) and buried her face into Mima's shoulder. Mima's shirt had a lovely green blob which I think she was able to get out with stain remover. For some reason it takes Shelby a ridiculously long time to warm up to Pops. She doesn't like it when he wears a hat or when he wears glasses and she especially doesn't like it when he gets into her personal space if she's not quite warmed up yet. Examples below.
She squirmed her way out of his grasp and sat in a heap on the floor holding on to her box of Chicken in a Biscuit crackers for dear life. Poor Pops...all he wanted to do was help her with her crackers!
There are times though when she's his buddy and they get along really well.
 |
| Everyone needs a little watermelon! |
 |
| Pops helped her into the laundry cart for a ride one day. Best thing ever! |
 |
| She sure loves her Mima! |
Mima bought a new laundry cart and Kaeli decided it looked liked the perfect toddler and dog carriage. Surprisingly enough Shelby absolutely LOVED riding in it. She actually got mad and cried when we took her out because she wanted to go for another ride. Riley got to go for a few rides too and she stayed in the whole time!
 |
| High-five! |
The things Shelby gets into is never ending and the messes never stop! Thankfully one of my best friends gave me some of the best advice ever at my baby shower. She said "Don't get mad. Take pictures!" I have taken this to heart and have realized that the messes are only temporary and that one day we'll look back on them and laugh; so why not have a picture to go along with that laugh?!
 |
| Daddy daughter bonding! |
 |
| Our little monkey; such a climber! |
 |
| She figured out how to open my makeup box...and my makeup! |
 |
| She managed to grab a container of sprinkles, dump them out then go swimming in them! |
 |
| Then she decided to eat them while we were vacuuming them up. Oh child! |
 |
| She decided to "help" Pops re-sort all the golf balls upstairs. |
 |
| Thankfully she put the white golf balls into the box of yellow and orange ones so they were easy to put back. |
 |
| I asked Kaeli to watch Shelby for a minute for me and this is what I came back to. Thanks Bug! :-) |
Some of our recent favorite activities to do down there are feeding Copper through the screen door, playing with dirt clods and playing in puddles. I cannot keep this girl out of puddles! I've tried and tried so I finally bought her a pair of "farm shoes" (ones that I don't care about) and just let her do what she wants in them. I figure the shoes can be cleaned, her clothes can be washed and bathtubs were made for washing dirty little kids, right? It's hilarious watching her run through puddles. Having the love of playing in dirt and puddles is a gene that runs in the Emrich family. She got it!
 |
| The friendly neighborhood dog, Copper. He knows where to come if he wants a milkbone! |
 |
| She sat here forever one afternoon while mom, dad and I planted some crops. |
 |
| Back and forth and back and forth! |
Whew! What a busy month it's been! The next month will be even busier with lots of fun events planned. Stay tuned for more goodies!
No comments:
Post a Comment