April 26, 2013

17 months...Yikes!

I can't believe it has been 17 months since Shelby was born. I'm starting this post a few days early just so I can write down everything I don't wanna forget. I have a few status updates for Shelby...finally!

Weight - About 22 lbs
Height - 31"
Head - 18"
Clothes - 12 months and just a few 18 month shirts
Diapers - Still size 2 (still the same ol' teeny bum!)
Shoes - Size 4
Teeth - 4 front upper, 4 front lower and 2 upper molars!!



Words and things she "says": Some of which may not be understandable to the untrained ear...but at least we know what she's saying; and so does she!

*Hi
*Buh-bye
*Momma
*Daddy
*Blanket
*Garlic (giga)
*Bottle (baba)
*Elephant (eye-sant or eye-ant)
*Jacket (check-it)
*Oh my!
*Juice (choose)
*Water (wawa)
*Shoes (shiz...yes I know...but it's so funny!)
*Outside (side)
*Dog (doe-g; imagine it with a thick southern drawl if you will)
*Cheese (ssssssss)
*Please (eeeess while signing it)
*Thank you
*Bathtub (badub)
*Good job
*Alright
*All done (none none)
*Wow
* No-no (while shaking her finger...oy!)

The other day Shelby was talking to Mima on the phone. Mima asked if she took a good nap and Shelby responded with "I-kick-a-butt!" I'm confident that's not she was "trying" to say but it sounded just like it! We both got a good laugh outta that outburst from Shelby.

Here are a few pics of the last few weeks and just how busy we've been.

Shelby likes to sit on the bathroom counter and play with toothbrushes while I finish my hair and makeup. This particular day she decided the sink was a good place to sit and then she discovered how to turn the water on. I don't think I need to tell you what happened after that.



Yup! She started her bath early, fully clothed, in the sink.


She thought this was SOOO funny! 
 She loves to be in the kitchen when we are. If she's not involved with something then it's usually not a pleasant experience for anyone, haha! I decided to let her help me wash some dishes...this is her way of doing just that. Such a good helper I have!



It never ceases to amaze me just how much of a mess one little person can make in such a short amount of time. We were on our way back from Safeway and as you can probably tell, we bought strawberries. Mind you, we live about 3-4 minutes away and this is what she looked like when we pulled into our parking spot at home. It was all over her, the harness straps, the button release and the side of the car seat. Amazing! But...she enjoyed every bit of that strawberry even though it all didn't make it into her mouth.


We've started the packing process and I made the mistake of stacking boxes and bins beside Shelby's crib. (Hello??!! You have a climber!!) You guessed it; she climbed right up on top of everything and tried getting into her crib. She didn't actually get in but she sure thought about it. Looks like I'll be moving those boxes to another location.




Shelby has a pair of pink fuzzy snow boots that she absolutely LOVES! She'll wear them with anything, anytime, anywhere and if you try to take them off after she gets them on...watch out! This was her ensemble for the better part of one afternoon. Stylish huh?


And yet another picture of her climbing. I swear I don't know how she gets into some of the places she does.  I find her in the most precarious of places and all I can do is shake my head and ask "How did you get there?"


The last few days have been gorgeous and sunny out. We even hit 70 degrees today and it's suppose to be warmer tomorrow; woohoo! Shelby and I take walks outside whenever the sun is out and today we got a good 1 hour and 20 minute walk in. She was completely worn out afterwards. We walked, played in the grass, picked flowers and just ran all over the place. Oh how I love sunshine!



Ya...just playing with some grass and rocks on a 75 degree day!
This morning Shelby was playing in her room while I was trying to get stuff packed up in the living room. She let out a yelp which usually means she's gotten herself into some predicament that she can't get out of herself. These are usually good photo ops so I grabbed my camera and headed to her room. This is what I found!


Notice I hadn't moved the red bin yet...It's moved now.

Last but not least we finally got an update on our house after not seeing any progress for 4 weeks. The builders supposedly ran into delays and switched out electricians...and it took 4 weeks?! So, needless to say our closing date has been extended...by 2 months!! So as of right now we're hoping to be able to close by May 31st or sooner. Hopefully the builder will keep to the schedule this time!






No comments:

Post a Comment