October 19, 2012

Suicide Squirrel

Shelby and I went shopping for her first pair of walking shoes today. We found some at Payless Shoes for $9. Whoop! We also found a pair of boots that I loved but they were $45...so they stayed at the store...Boo!

First pair of walking shoes!

Soft sole but awesome little grippies so she doesn't slide around.
When we came home I noticed a super fluffy tail up in the corner of our sliding glass door. What the heck? I went over for a closer look and saw that it was a little squirrel sitting on the handle bars of my bike! (we have my bike hanging from our patio ceiling) It started to climb down the screen on the door and attempted to jump out of our patio. It didn't take me long to realize that this poor little thing just couldn't get out! After about 10 minutes of watching it I ran out there and stacked some boxes next to the ledge so it could use them as steps to jump out a little more easily...or so I thought. It wouldn't use them!

It would run over them like an obstacle but wouldn't use them as a step out. A little later I found it on top of our deep freeze. It was able to climb up the extra boards we had on the side of it and it was running around on top of the freezer like it was lost.

There was another squirrel that kept coming back for it but it didn't seem to be able to help it either. I think it was just too little to be able to jump out. After a few minutes of watching it on top of our freezer I started recording it on our camera. And that's when it happened....it JUMPED!!

Not just any old jump...but a run across the wall move that any parkour enthusiast would be proud of...until it missed the tree and fell 3 stories to the ground. My heart skipped a beat when I realized what had happened and that I had caught it all on video. I ran outside and looked for it but didn't see it on the ground. I did however see a little squirrel starting to climb up the tree...which I'm hoping was the one that decided to try and commit suicide! "Are you ok?" I asked...Yes...I spoke to the squirrel. No it didn't reply but after it started running up the tree I figured it was ok. Haha!

Here's the video I caught of the little fluff ball taking the plunge!



No comments:

Post a Comment