HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
(so I'm a day late...forgive me!)
This is our first year as a family celebrating Halloween. To be honest I'm not really the biggest fan of this holiday...it's just become too creepy and gory for my liking; not to mention all the robberies and shootings that go on during the evening that I heard about on the news today. It's so sad that some people have to turn a fun kids holiday into something so ridiculous. I mean...who really wants to see a "hot nurse" or a "Chippendale" walking down the street? NOT ME!
Ok ok...I'll get off my soap box. Just had to get that out there...but I'm sure there are quite a few people who would have to agree with me.
This year we were able to go down to Chehalis the weekend before Halloween to attend my parents ward harvest party; pretty much another way to say Halloween party. It was a lot of fun and it was cute seeing all the little kids dressed up in their costumes. Zebra's, lady bugs, flowers, bumble bees and dinosaurs filled the carnival like games to win treats. Shelby was the lady bug, I actually didn't see another one there; go Shelby!
![]() |
| SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! |
We were able to carve a couple pumpkins and get some fun pictures.
![]() |
| Yummm...pumpkin seeds! |
![]() |
| Little helping hands. |
![]() |
| My finished product. |
![]() |
| Happy Halloween from our little family! |
At one point in time Shelby must have gotten bored so Mima (my mom) followed her into the front room where she found her standing on one of their kid sized chairs. Shelby noticed Mima just as she was about to snap the picture and decided to sit down quickly. She got caught!
We've been trying to teach her how to sit in chairs because her favorite thing right now is standing in the chairs and dancing or bouncing up and down. It's not working too well but we've got time, haha!
![]() |
| Uh oh...got caught! |
| This is what she likes to do... |
| This is what we want her to do...haha!! |











No comments:
Post a Comment