Shelby is busier than ever and LOVES...not just likes...LOVES to climb; on EVERYTHING! There is nothing she won't climb or at least try to climb on. She actually made it onto my moms' (Mimas) shoulders when we were down there last weekend. She was sitting in a rocking chair and Shelby used her as ladder to get to the top of the chair. Conquering the computer desk and climbing over the gate that blocks off the stairs were her biggest accomplishments over that weekend. There is never a dull moment when Shelby is awake.
Here are her 14 months stats:
Weight - 20 lbs
Height - 30"
Head - 18"
Clothes - Finally wearing 12 month but still wears some 9 month clothes
Diapers - Size 2 still
Teeth - Four on the bottom and 2 barely showing through on the top.
Shoes - Size 4
Shelby has recently outgrown (height wise) her infant car seat and we've had to put her into a new front-facing one. She wasn't too sure about it at first but she quickly got use to seeing out the front window. I think she enjoys it a bit more than staring at the back seat. During her first ride in the new "big-girl" car seat she was wide eyed and stiff for about the first 10-15 minutes. I kept checking on her in my rear-view mirror and had to laugh. I love seeing her experience things for the first time. After a while she started jabbering away and playing with her toys; all was good. Every so often I'd catch her staring out one window for a minute, then switching to the other side, and back and forth; sooo funny!!
Getting Shelby to try new foods hasn't always been the easiest but when we finally succeed, and if she actually likes, then there's no stopping her. She wants it till she's sick of it! Recently she's been wanting pomegranates, fruit loops, string cheese, avocado and cinnamon graham crackers. Quite the array of foods but hey, if she'll eat em then I'm a happy mom!
The other day I decided to count Shelby's headbands when I received 4 new ones for her in the mail. In total she has 86...yes...headbands. I have no idea how she got so many of them (ok, ok...I kinda do) but they're all different and colorful and cute and just so different! I guess I feel the need to keep her head gear up to date with everything else.
Here a few other pictures taken within the last couple weeks.
Shelby LOVES sitting in the little chairs at our place and at Mima & Pops' place and reading her books.
![]() |
Mima bought Shelby her first baby doll and boy does she love it. She carts it around the house and even likes to cuddle up with it when she's watching her morning cartoons. So sweet!
I had to include this because I took it only 5 minutes ago. This is what happens when you leave her alone for 3 minutes after she's found something interesting to play with. She figured out how to open it and pull the wipes out. Ohhhh boy!
Sure do love this little firecracker!









No comments:
Post a Comment