March 8, 2013

15 Months & New House!

It seems like only yesterday I was writing a post about Shelby being 14 months...or was it 13. Ack! Time goes by way too fast these days! (I'm always saying that...it's become a habit)

Shelby's stats haven't changed that much but I just gotta write em down so I have them for my future references. Here they are!

Weight - 20 lbs (10th %)
Height - 30" (30th %)
Head - 18"
Clothes - Wearing 12 months all the time now; woohoo!
Diapers - Size 2...still! She's got a teeny bum!
Teeth - 4 front on the bottom and 4 front on the top...that's all folks!
Shoe - Size 4

I just LOVE how blue her eyes are!


Shelby is still climbing like crazy and will try to climb on anything and everything to see just how high she can get. Nothing seems to phase this girl and as often as she climbs things it's amazing how often she HASN'T fallen! It's like she's a monkey with sticky hands and feet; it really is amazing to see her climb! Most times I'll just sit back and watch her climb something just to see if she'll make it. Then I get her down and tell her "No, No...we can't climb that. We have to stay on the ground." But then I repeat the process over and over again. Probably not the best parenting but it's just crazy to watch her climb!



She discovered a new love a few weeks ago...scooters! I took her to a playgroup at church and she borrowed, for 2 hours, a scooter that no one was using. She had that thing going all over the gym. Sadly I don't have a picture of it cause she was moving too much, but she had a blast! Ryan and I decided that with his next paycheck, and my awesome couponing skills, that we'd get Shelby her own little scooter toy to play and ride on. I found two $10 off coupons for the Fisher Price Laugh-n-Learn Stride-to-ride scooter. I had a Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon; those are stackable so that's $20 off! I also found a $3 off any Fisher Price toy over $25...so bam! After those 3 coupons the price for the scooter went from $49 to $26. Booyah! She LOVES this thing and when we move into our new house, which has wood floors, she'll be zippin all over the place!



With a 15 month old there are PLENTY of chores to do around the house and Shelby loves to "help" out. She always has to help unload the dishwasher and she likes to stack and move cans around in our lazy susan cupboard. One day she was moving too many cans around on the lazy susan and it started turning with her on it. She ended up getting stuck in the back of the cupboard and was not too excited about it. Being the awesome mother that I am I decided to take pictures first...then help her out. Haha!

This is how we empty the dishwasher. One.cup.at.a.time!  It takes sooo long but if it keeps her happy then we have no problem doing it!


Not very happy with mom right now. "Get me outta here!"
Ryan decided to make brownies with chocolate drizzle one night and I thought it would be funny to let Shelby lick the beater. (yes I know there's raw eggs...don't get mad at me...more ended up on her face than in her mouth anyways.) She loved trying something new! Speaking of something new, Ryan introduced my parents awesome pickled garlic to her; and she loves it! This kid is picky about her bananas but she'll down pickled garlic like the end is near.



Head, shoulders, knees and toes...eyes and ears and mouth and nose...has Shelby quite confused lately. One of her toys plays this song and she loves it when I do the motions to it. It's especially hilarious when Shelby tries to mimic me. This is what she looked like one afternoon when, I believe, she had had enough of the song. Cracks me up!


Our latest trip to Chehalis consisted of some crazy sleeping in the car and trying on Kaeli's new slippers. They are massive fury boots that seem to be half the size of Shelby. She just had to try them on so we helped her get into them and she took off. Here's a look at the fun!

Love how the headband is placed, haha!



And last but not least we've been having a house built and it's finally actually starting to look like a house! Here a few pics of the progress. It should be done around the end of April then it's moving time! We are soooo excited we can hardly stand it. It's been a long time coming and we're glad that it's almost over!

February 23rd

March 2nd

March 7th

1 comment:

  1. Woah Whit! What a beautiful home! That's so great. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete