April 17, 2012

You can't judge a book by its cover

Oh my goodness it's been a LONG time since I've blogged. A LOT has happened since my last post. Ryan got offered a job, we moved and now we're getting use to Renton, WA!

We packed up the moving truck last Friday with the help of family and friends, drove to Chehalis, WA that night then drove to our new apartment the next morning. Thanks to the help of family and new ward friends again we were able to get the truck unloaded and everything into our 3rd floor apartment in a couple hours.

Here's the website for our "lovely" new "home". The Resort at Emerald Heights. There's a reason I said "lovely" and not LOVELY! We've only been here 4 days and we're already discovering we moved right into the middle of all the "action" of Renton...and we don't like it. It was pretty much a blind move since we didn't have a lot of time to find something up here. About 1 o'clock every afternoon I get to listen to my "neighbors" rap music for a couple hours...this neighbor is 2 floors and 2 apartments over. I can understand every single flipping word of his stupid music. (can you tell it irritates me?)

I had finally had enough today when he turned on his music and the bass from his music woke up Shelby from her nap. I took myself and my crying baby downstairs to his apartment and beat on his door. I was angry, Shelby was crying and he was an extremely intimidating large black man complete with a doo-rag, tattoos, and a joint hanging out of his mouth. His apartment reeked of marijuana when he opened the door..it was lovely. (there's that word again)

I (as nicely as I could) asked him to turn his music down cause it was keeping my baby awake. He ran back in his apartment, turned the music down, came back out and apologized profusely. He even started talking to Shelby and made her smile huge. He said he was sorry again and didn't know that I had a new baby. He even said he'd try to keep it down so she can take naps peacefully. I said thank you and we parted ways but before we did he told me that Shelby has the most beautiful smile and that she looked genuinely happy.

NOT what I was expecting! I was nicely surprised....but I'm pretty sure I won't be becoming best of friends with him anytime soon, haha! Can't judge a book by it's cover though!

We're still unpacking, Shelby has her own room now and she even slept 10 straight hours her second night here! The first night we had her sleep in our room cause it was just too weird for us to have her away from us. Now, even though it's only been 3 nights, we're pretty use to her sleeping in her own room. It's amazing how much better we sleep now without a squirmy, squeaky baby in the room waking us up with every movement.

Well...it's getting late and I think I'm gonna go sleep while Shelby's sleeping. When everything is unpacked and moved where it's gonna go I'll post pictures and update further.

No comments:

Post a Comment