July 2, 2012

Auntie Kaeli came for a visit

My little sister Kaeli decided she wanted to come up and spend some time with us after school was out for summer. She came up last Saturday and she spent the entire week here! 8 days and 7 nights. That was the first time she had been away from home (from mom and dad) so we weren't sure how it was gonna go, but it was a total success! She wants to come back so that's a good thing!

Best of friends
We had a ton of fun while she was here. We went swimming, played tennis, went putt-putt golfing, got ice-cream, went shopping, played at the park, watched movies and just had an all around good time. Get ready for a possible picture overload because we documented pretty much everything!

Swimming...perhaps Kaeli's favorite past-time. Thank goodness we have a massive indoor heated pool where we live.




So this isn't a pool but it's just as fun!! 

Here's a hilarious video of Kaeli starting to lose her towel on the walk back from the pool. I about pee'd my pants I was laughing so hard!!




Here's a fun video of Kaeli and Shelby having some fun in the pool.



We went putt putt golfing at The Family Fun Center in Tukwila. You could spend forever there; there's so much to do! It was a beautiful morning out. It was 75 degrees at 11 o'clock when we went so of course we needed to lube Shelby up with some sunscreen...as you can tell by the following pictures we got a bit more than we bargained for. It was a new bottle so it didn't take much squeezing to get a little bit out...needless to say Ryan misunderstood the power of his squeeze and we got a LOT out. Haha!! Shelby was a trooper. 

"Would you be a dear and rub this glob into my arm?"

"Alright dad...I think that's enough."

Kaeli had a grand ole time and even did some posing for the camera.



Ryan looks thrilled...haha!


Fore!!!

Shelby and Kaeli became the best of friends during the week.


They watched movies...

...and The Price Is Right.

They played games...

And watched another movie.

Shelby sure loves her auntie.

She just couldn't get enough!

Shelby sure loves her Auntie Kaeli and just couldn't get enough of her. She was always following her around and wanted to play with her whenever she was sitting on the floor. What can I say; she just loves her Auntie...perhaps a little too much??


Maybe this is showing too much affection for your Auntie...ya think? 

Shelby was always good about waking Kaeli up in the mornings. They would play and watch The Price Is Right almost every morning while eating some breakfast. It was so fun having Shelby sneak in bed with Kaeli in the mornings. So cute!


Wakey, wakey!!

Kaeli looks soooo tired...haha!


We got to go to the park a few times and play on the slides and monkey bars...well Kaeli did. But Shelby got to go down the slide for the first time! She actually loved it! Smiles the whole time!

Shelby's first slide...woohoo!!


















Weeeee!!! 
Go Kaeli Go!

Doesn't look to terribly hard, haha!





































As we were heading back to the apartment after an afternoon at the playground we stopped at one of the outdoor pools so Kaeli could see what they look like. She noticed a pinecone "in distress" in the kiddie pool and decided it needed rescued. I told her that her pants would get wet even if she rolled them up...but she went in anyways.


Rescuing the "pinecone in distress".



Told ya so!

Kaeli also loves to help Shelby eat her dinner and is a champ at making Shelby laugh and smile while eating. Sometimes it made dinner-time a little longer than it usually is, but it was fun none-the-less.





Kaeli is known for some of the hilarious things she says and words she makes up. Well we have 2 bathrooms here and we gave Kaeli the guest bathroom all to herself while she was here. However, she couldn't use the toilet the first couple of days because maintenance had to come fix it, so she used our bathroom. The day maintenance came and fixed the toilet was great cause we had been trying to get them over here for almost 2 weeks! Kaeli went to use the restroom and I told her she could use her bathroom since the toilet was fixed. Without skipping a beat she said "Nah, I think I'll just use your bathroom. It's more....deluxe." Hahaha!!! I had no idea we had a "deluxe" bathroom but I'll take what I can get I guess! The things she comes up with.

It was a fun time having Kaeli here with us and I'm glad she actually wants to come back. Hope you enjoyed this massive post...it took me 2 days to complete it; whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment