February 11, 2012

Home Alone

Today was the first day in 2.5 months that I got to be home alone ALL day by myself with Shelby. Ryan was at a class today so it was just Shelby and I from 8-5. I have to admit, I was pretty nervous because for half of Shelby's life we have been at my parents house in Chehalis and the other half was spent here at home with Ryan and I home all day, every day. Despite my nerves things went surprisingly well!

Here's a list of some of the things we did:

* Ate
*Slept
*Pooped (well...Shelby did anyways)
*Cried//Screamed (again another Shelby thing)
*Sang songs
*Watched Little Einsteins (she loves that show; she's gonna be a genius)
*She told me stories about pretty colored puppies (I assume anyways; she seems to "talk" a lot when we talk to her about puppies)
*I taught her about her toes, nose, fingers, ears and eyes.
*Shelby got her first ride in a laundry basket full of clean clothes
*We went for a short walk in the sunshine and said hello to a few neighbors
*And last but not least I got a lovely mouthful of spit up all over my shirt...it was awesome

Yup! Overall it was a pretty good day! Ryan got to come home early from his class so we ate again and went grocery shopping. Now we're home sitting on the couch watching our little tater tot in her swing, fast asleep. Such a sweet sight. If only these moments could last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. What a good day!!! It is kind of weird after having so much help, to then be left alone for that long with the baby. I had Jeremy home for 5 weeks after each girl and thought I wouldn't survive when he left, but we did! She is getting cuter each day, enjoy these days!

    ReplyDelete