I was in the mother's lounge today taking care of Shelby and feeding her in peace and quite so as to not disturb others in my class. Shelby is known for her massive belches and sometimes over-the-top fussiness when she eats. Most of the time though she chugs the bottle and she's good to go...today was not one of those days so I made my way to the mother's lounge to take care of business.
I was minding my own business when a women and her baby walk in. We exchange hello's and she proceeds to nurse her baby. She sees me set my bottle down and asks "Oh, do you pump?" I reply with "No, it's fomula. I can't nurse so I'm thankful she'll take a bottle." She replies "Oh...well some women just can't handle breastfeeding. It's too hard for some." That's when the irritation started.
You see...it's not that I don't WANT to nurse...it's that I physically CANNOT! Trust me....if I could I would...but I can't. I try to explain to her that I actually cannot nurse and she kinda gets it; then says "Well, since you're just a bottle feeder can't you feed your baby in the back row of a classroom or something?"
"Ummmmmmmm......what?"
Sooo...am I not entitled to the "Mother's Lounge" because I'm "just a bottle feeder"? I think not! I'm a mother too and I'm pretty sure I have every right to the mother's lounge as every other mother does. So don't tell me I'm "just a bottle feeder" and that I can "simply feed in the back row".
I'm a mother too. End rant.
To end on a high note Ryan made German Pancakes for lunch...I'm happy now and am gonna go stuff my face! Yummy!



No comments:
Post a Comment