We decided to take Shelby to the "big kid" pool for the first time tonight for a fun FHE activity. We were pretty excited when we walked in and found out we were the only ones there; wahoo! We had gone there a few nights ago and just stuck our feet in the water and it was pretty warm so we were excited to play in the water with Shelby tonight and with her new floaty toy. Well we were in for a surprise...it was soooo cold!
Shelby and I got in the pool quickly for picture purposes anyways and got out quickly.
Pool time!
Trying out her awesome floaty for the first time!
I'm not sure if that's an excited face (she loves water) or if that's a "get me outta here; it's cold" face.
We then made our way over to the hot tub to see if it was any warmer...but it was colder! What the heck! Lame sauce! So we decided to call it an evening and head back to our apartment and play in some warm bathwater. She had MUCH more fun with that...and so did we actually. Haha!
Much better mom!
Now this is a "pool party". Haha!!
Splish splash!
Hi mom! We're just having some fun.
We actually ended up sitting in the bathtub all together for a few minutes playing with Shelby. We each bore our testimony to her about how we feel about the Gospel. The awesome thing was that she was looking straight at each one of us as we were talking. It's like she already knew what we were gonna say. Smart little cookie she is. It sure was a lotta fun with her tonight. It was a pretty off-the-wall and not so planned out FHE but it turned out well...we think. :)
After all that water time I couldn't help but think of Dory from the movie Nemo singing her little song. This is my favorite part in that whole movie...cracks me up every time!
It looks like you guys had a great time in the bath!! Logan is too big for his baby tub but too small for the normal tub so we just stick him in the sink. He hates it at first and then realizes it is the best thing to happen to him all day. And I love the Dory song. I sang that to Logan for 93 days in the NICU...I think it worked!!
We are the DeCoria's!
Ryan graduated from The University of Western States in December of 2011 with his PhD in Chiropractics. He is currently employed with a company in Washington. He works at 2 offices; one in Kent and another in Tacoma.
Whitney graduated from AmeriTech College in April 2010 with her degree in Dental Assisting. She is now a stay-at-home mom to little Shelby and loves decorating their new house in Fife.
Shelby was born November 29, 2011 and is a bundle of smiles and happiness. She is such a joy to our little family!
It looks like you guys had a great time in the bath!! Logan is too big for his baby tub but too small for the normal tub so we just stick him in the sink. He hates it at first and then realizes it is the best thing to happen to him all day. And I love the Dory song. I sang that to Logan for 93 days in the NICU...I think it worked!!
ReplyDelete