May 13, 2012

Zoo time!

I LOVE the zoo!! The weather around here has been so sunny and warm lately that it's just been too nice to do things inside. It's a great excuse to get some much needed Vitamin D! Last week Ryan and I watched the movie We Bought A Zoo (thanks redbox for the freebie), which we loved, and afterwards I wanted to go to a zoo soooo bad! So, I proceeded to go online and look up the 3 nearest zoos to see which one I wanted to plan a trip to.

We decided on the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma. We planned the trip for Saturday May 12th.

It was a beautiful sunny day and it was also 1/2 off day for mothers in honor of Mother's Day. Score! I talked to Nic and Becki and they and Jane joined us for the excursion. It was the first time to the zoo for each of the girls. Even though they won't remember anything from this trip, it sure was fun!

Here's some pics we took from our adventure out to the zoo!

The zoo, the zoo!

Daddy's showing Shelby the wolf.

Chillin at the zoo.

Wholly walrus!

Santa's Reindeer!

Look Shelby...they're having a bad hair day. (Muskox)

Penguins!

"The tiger was thiiiis big daddy!!"


The monkey's were showing off.

Mommy's favorite part of the zoo!!

The elephant getting its feet washed and some treats.

Shelby's reaction to the elephants...haha!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

Shark!

Dory & Nemo!

"This is silly mom."

"No Jane, those are ouchies! No touchy!"

So cute! Shelby and Jane were enthralled with the wallaby.

The goat left soon after this photo cause we didn't have treats. Haha!

These peacocks were just roaming around the zoo. Pretty cool and pretty pretty too!
We were at the zoo for about 2.5 hours which was plenty of time to see everything with two little ones. Nic, Becki and Jane took off for home right after we left the zoo and Ryan and I decided to feed Shelby before we left so she would have a scream free ride home. As Ryan was feeding her, Shelby decided to let a massive toot rip...at least we thought it was just a toot. A few minutes later Shelby finished her bottle and Ryan picked her up off his lap so we could set her in her car seat and get ready to leave. As soon as he put his hand under her bum to boost her up he gasps and says "Ohhh GROSS!!"

I look over and noticed that she had completely blown out her diaper...and Ryan's pants; hahaha!! (Ryan didn't think it was funny) It came out her diaper and went through her shirt, shorts and onto Ryan's clothes too. It was all up her back too...it was pretty gross but I couldn't help but laugh. Seriously Shelby?? The day I forget to bring a change of clothes for you, you decide to do this?! Luckily I had a spare onesie in her diaper bag so she went home in just a onesie. Thank goodness it was warm enough so it didn't really matter.

I set up a changing station in the back of Ellie (our Escape) and started stripping her down. She thought it was pretty funny. She seemed pretty proud of herself because she was all smiles and laughs as she rolled around the back of our car butt naked until I could get her completely clean. She basically got a sponge bath, but with baby wipes; I couldn't help but laugh the entire time because she was being so funny. Ryan didn't think it was funny though...he got poo'd on. :)

She was having way too much fun. This is after I finally got her clean and re-dressed. Little stinker!
We finally left the zoo about an hour after we actually walked out of the zoo. We were able to see some wildlife on the way out and a beautiful view of the mountain. It was such a beautiful day!!

Bambi!

Bambi again; just munchin on some grass.
Such a pretty day and view!
It was a great day for a trip to the zoo...I can't wait to go again! Next time I think we'll visit Woodland Park Zoo. It'll be fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment